The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a city-building videogame developed and published by EA Mobile. It is set in Springfield, the fictional city of the world famous TV show, The Simpsons. It is available for both Android and iOS devices. Although the title suffered from important technical issues in the past, it has been a huge success and almost every problem has been fixed. In fact, EA reports that the game has generated over $50 million in revenue.
This title will take you to a devastated Springfield. Homer caused a nuclear meltdown (accidentally, of course) that destroyed the whole town, and now it’s your turn to rebuild it. There are many buildings and decorations that you can use to create limitless options, such as trees, fountains, bushes and some standard houses.
Welcome to New Springfield
Now that Springfield inhabitants were blown away by the explosion, you are the mayor of the town (at least until you bring back Quimby). Homer will provide you with tasks that you have to complete in order to receive rewards, including in-game currency and experience. When you have enough experience points you will level up, unlocking new buildings and decorations.
The game receives regular updates coinciding with holidays, such as Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas.
You are free to recreate Springfield the way you like it. You can place roads, concrete and grass, or create rivers and lakes using water. To make your city more attractive, you will have to fill different attributes of the Conform-o-meter, such as Indolence, Consumerism, Gluttony, and so on. You can add friends and then visit their own version of Springfield. This will reward you with “Dollars” and XP once a day.
Most buildings will unblock new characters. For instance, Apu will become available once you have built the Kwik-E-Mart. The more characters you have, the more dollars you’ll earn. You can assign different tasks to them and, upon completion, they’ll reward you with Dollars and XP. Some tasks take just a few minutes, while others may take hours or days. You can even plant a crop at Cletus’s farm that will grow after three real months.
The game receives regular updates coinciding with holidays, such as Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. These updates will transform your city and will allow you to complete a seasonal storyline, which will unblock new decorations or iconic places to build. For instance, the Halloween 2013 update gave the players the chance to unlock Kang’s UFO, the Ultrahouse 3000 and loads of monsters from Treehouse of Horror, as well as decorations such as pumpkins, rotten trees and graveyards.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out 4.6.0 Features
Check some of unique features of The Simpsons: Tapped Out before you download it:
- Rebuild Springfield: build iconic places like Moe’s and create a cool-looking city using different decorations
- Bring back your favorite characters: Build Krustyburguer to unlock Krusty the Clown or Springfield Elementary to bring back Principal Skinner
- Krustyland: rebuilding Springfield is not enough for you? Try Krustyland, the theme park. This whole new scenario has its own currency with rides to build
- Regular updates: complete seasonal quests, decorate your city for the occasion and get unique rewards
- Visit your friends: check out their city, get new ideas for your own Springfield and collect cash with daily visits
If you are interested in The Simpsons: Tapped Out and need further information before you download it, feel free to check the
The minimum system requirements to download and run this game are:
- Operating System: Android 2.3.3 or higher/ iOS 5.0 or higher
- Hard disk: 32 MB free space available for Android/ 39.8 MB available for iOS