Find my iPhone is a free mobile app which offers you protection when your phone is lost or stolen. With this download, your device will be kept safe and protected against thieves. Developed by Apple, this software lets you register your mobile and automatically start locating your phone and keeping its track.
Apple is the creator of some of the best devices on the market at the moment, so we can imagine how hard is to lose these kind of hardware devices—they are not really cheap. Although they have a powerful built-in security system, you would still be in trouble if you found yourself in that situation. Fortunately, this software helps you find your phone thanks to a remote control.
Undoubtedly, one of the most remarkable features of Find my iPhone is the fact that is free; you will be able to find your mobile device if you lose it, without paying anything. Plus, thanks to its recently integrated iCloud support, you can track your phone from your computer.
How does it work?
If you lose your device you have to sign in at iCloud or use the Find my iPhone app. When you download and run the program you will see a map that will show the location of your phone. After that you can lock your screen, since the software has four different security steps to insure other people can’t access your information.
This software helps you find your phone thanks to a remote control
Find my iPhone has three different ways of providing a safe and secure service. First of all, the Play Sound mode, in which the software makes a sound—even if it is in silent mode—in case you misplace it in some place. The Lost Mode allows you to lock its screen remotely with a password, write a message, and if someone finds it he can call you to get it back to you. It also allows you to see where the device has been in the last 24 hours thanks to a map. Last but not least, the Erase iPhone feature allows you to remove all your content and your settings from your device to prevent anyone accessing any of your data.
Find My iPhone 3.0 Features
The main features Find my iPhone includes in its latest update are the following:
- Play Sound option for two minutes—even if your device is in silent mode—to let you find where you left it
- Lost Mode: in this option the software first locks your screen with a four-digit password, writes a message, informs you of the full status of your phone, and tracks where your device has been in the last 24 hours
- Free Activation Lock option for when your phone has been erased and stolen
- Remote erase option to remove all important data from your mobile
- iCloud supported for localizing your phone remotely from your computer (iCloud account required)
- Find my iPhone also indicates to you the battery status of your device
If you want to know more about this Apple app, check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements to download this application are the following:
- IOS 7.0 or higher
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch