After twenty years working on particles and animation to give the best results, Maya becomes the next 3D generation program with an update full of enhancements and novelties. Maya is well known in the 3D world for being one of the most used softwares for broadcast, SFX and game development.
After Autodesk’s 3D software inception, some people thought that the battle between 3ds Max and Maya was finished, but actually both programs are living together in harmony and improving their weakest fields by learning from each other. With better modelling creation tools and improved physics and flow, the software has become one of the most important 3D programs of all time.
How to use
Autodesk MAYA 2014 is the latest version in the visual effect industry and has learned how to evolve into an easier and more accessible program. With the addition to DirectX 11 (as on the rest of the Autodesk Suite’s programs) and Viewport 2.0, the users can preview their artwork in real-time, improving the workflow tremendously. Mixed with all the modelling additions, (Booleans, enhanced UVs work and surface modeling) there is included new retopology toolsets that make 3D creation easier and faster, something that Maya users were complaining about for a really long time.
Even though the program is still the most difficult and expensive in the market, all the animation and fluid functions make it worthy. Autodesk MAYA 2014 has been used on blockbusters such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and The Matrix and is a must learn for all designers and animators all around the world. Maya 2014 is a complete 3D program and probably the most rounded choice considering all the possibilities that it offers. Completely integrated on Autodesk Suite, it works perfectly with Mudbox and Mental Ray 2014.
Autodesk MAYA 2016 Features
Find the latest novelties on this version:
- Grease pencil. Generate your 2D animation sketches to guide your 3D movements
- Enhanced animation and creation tools
- Improved modelling workflow. Better Booleans, polygons, surface and retopology toolset
- New and integrated renderers
- Paint effects include surface and volume attributes
- Enhanced nHair, nCloth, nParticles and Fluid Effects. Much more realistic physic simulations
- New data and scene management and assembly tools
For more information about the program or the Autodesk Suite, before the download, please check the developer’s website .
This is an Autodesk MAYA 2014 free 30-day trial version, but before the download, please check the minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Professional edition
- Processor: 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core
- RAM: minimum 4GB
- HDD: 2GB free disk space
- A 3-button mouse is recommended
- Internet connection will be necessary for product activation and other services
For information about the graphic card, please refer to the developer’s hardware .
- The most used program for professional 3D design
- New tools and novelties
- Faster than before and is (finally) able to fully preview the art work in real-time
- Still a really high learning curve
- The price. Is still the most expensive program of this genre